Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
1 – 5 March Book Week
Thursday 4 March World Book Day
Tuesday 16 March Parent Workshop – Y5 & Y6 Relationships & Sexual Education
18 & 19 March 3 Way Learning Conferences
Thursday 25 March ESF Evening of Dance
Friday 26 March Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
29 March – 9 April Term Break
Monday 12 April First day of Term 3
Welcome to the KJS Bookweek !
The children have really enjoyed meeting with their peers in their costumes and once again Harry Potter was a strong favourite. Thank you for supporting your child. In this week where we highlight the importance of books, the love of reading, the power of the written word, we encourage you to celebrate with your family at home as a Communicator. Some options might be:
- At dinner time have your children share a memory of this or previous book weeks;
- Share your favourite story or poem with your children;
- Celebrate some family stories;
- Have a screen free hour/ evening / day and enjoy books and literature;
- Have a family book day picnic or meal on the weekend where everyone shares their favourite story;
- Go onto the KJS Virtual Library and find an activity that your child enjoys (there is so much there for you!);
- Visit a public library this week or on the weekend and help your child to get a public library card;
- When hiking this weekend take the time to stop and read the stories that inform you about the area and the history.
We want to thank our incredible Library team, led by Macy Lau, for creating such a wonderful book week for the children this year!
3 Way Learning Conferences
3 Way Leaning Conferences are an opportunity for parents and teachers to partner with the child to ensure “Success for Every Child”. This year, parents will have the option for face-to-face or Zoom meeting. Sign up opens via Gateway (Parent Consultation) on 5 Mar Friday at 17:00 and closes on 16 Mar Tuesday at 13.00. If parents are coming into school, they will be required to complete a declaration and will need to enter via our temperature checking area.
18 March Day 1 3:00pm – 6:00pm
19 March Day 2 8:30am – 3:15pm
We look forward to seeing you face-to-face or virtually very soon to support and challenge your child.
Overnight Camps – Year 4, 5 and 6
Given the current situation and our focus on student wellbeing, all overnight camps for Year 4, 5 and 6 have been cancelled. Instead, we have been in communication with our camp provider APA to explore opportunities for local outings once the situation allows. Please be assured that outings will only take place after we receive further health and safety guidelines/guidance from ESF/HKSAR government and when there is minimal risk in relation to Covid.
Regarding the paid deposits for these camps, we are still awaiting a confirmation from APA and further updates will be shared with parents as soon as we can.
March the World
KJS March the World has begun!
51,120 km in 26 Days! That’s the aim and can only be achieved through the enthusiasm and commitment of the entire KJS community.
Thank you to those who have already joined our March the World Challenge. If you haven’t already done so please join the PE department and KJS staff to help promote exercise, movement, health, and wellbeing amongst the KJS community and beyond.
Click HERE to join us.
Thank you for celebrating Book Week with us!
It’s been so wonderful watching the children enjoying themselves while joining with our Book Week activities.
Some dressed in their favourite Book Character costumes:
Attended our daily lunchtime mystery reader Zoom sessions:
Stayed for our afterschool Home Language (Mother Tongue) Reading sessions:
Students have also been posting what they’ve been doing during Book Week on our Padlet. Share with us, what is your favourite activity. Click here to see the Book Week Padlet.
Today and tomorrow, the children will be meeting with authors Zooming in from UK and France, Ms. Sarah Brennan and Mr. Chris Callaghan. Please click on their names to find out more about the authors and to order their books. You don’t have to be in that year level to buy the books. It is open to everyone.
Of course, please explore our dedicated Book Week page on our KJS Virtual Library for more detailed information on our activities including the online Book Fair.
Together, let’s keep reading! Happy Book Week everyone!
ESF and Other Notices
Chinese Language Festival 2020/2021
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.