Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Wednesday 5 February Registration for audition for stage performance for KJS Fair
Friday 14 February CPD
Friday 21 February Bingo Night
Saturday 22 February ESF Cross Country Festival
2 – 5 March Y6 Local Camps – postponed
3 – 6 March Y6 Overseas Camp – cancelled, now included in local camp
9 – 13 March Book Week
25 & 26 March School Musical: Dr Dolittle Jr – postponed
Wednesday 1 April Y1 & 2 Sports Day & Student Led Conference (evening)
Thursday 2 April Student Led Conference (all day)- No classes
Friday 3 April CPD – Last day of term – FULL Day Classes
Monday 20 April First day of Term 3
Thank you to the many of you who have been in touch, connected online and supported your child’s distance learning.
Together, we will ensure “Success for Every Child”, even by distance! The feedback from parents who have contacted us is positive and constructive, allowing us to modify the distance learning each day to best meet needs. Our teachers, support staff and leadership team are working incredibly hard to ensure your child has quality learning experiences and also that they have feedback on their learning in a timely manner. To support ongoing learning please note:
- We commit to respond to emails and online learning submissions within 24 hours. It is not possible for teachers to give instant feedback and replies to 30 children and their families. Please bear with us when there are delays.
- Teachers will typically respond to emails and learning during the school day (8:30 am-3:00 pm) to allow time for planning, preparation and their own breaks outside of these hours. They will not be available over the weekend.
- Not every piece of submitted learning will be given feedback. Teachers will select the most important learning samples to support student learning.
- Teachers will be ‘offline’ this Friday morning until 1:00 pm to allow us time to review the progress from the week and plan for next week.
To help us prepare for next week and improve our distance learning, please take a few minutes to respond to this survey before Friday morning.
Our school camps will be postponed for Year 6 and on hold for all other year groups until we are able to reassess the situation. The Year 6 China Camp students will now participate in the Year 6 Hong Kong Camp if that proceeds. Postponement/confirmation of dates will also apply to our PTA events which will be reviewed by the school and the PTA Team once school resumes.
I will be available at school on Thursday and Friday mornings (7:30 am – 12:00 pm) for parents who still want to collect Chrome-books for their Year 3-6 children.
I know these are very challenging times in Hong Kong and having lived through very challenging times in New Zealand and protracted school suspension, I can assure you that your children can and will succeed as we support them and make the most of the distance learning. I also know this situation can be very demanding and challenging for families. With that in mind, our thoughts go out especially to those families who are living in estates where the virus has been confirmed. Know that we are thinking of you at this time and please contact your child’s teacher or myself, if we can help in any way.
All PTA events will be suspended until we return to school and can make plans.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.