Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
2 – 5 March Y6 Local Camps – postponed
3 – 6 March Y6 Overseas Camp – cancelled, now included in local camp
9 – 13 March Book Week – postponed
Wednesday 18 March Y1 Immunisation – postponed
25 & 26 March School Musical: Dr Dolittle Jr – postponed
Wednesday 1 April Y1 & 2 Sports Day – postponed
Week of 23 March Student Led Conferences by distance
Monday 20 April First day of Term 3
Our most important survey yet is here. This survey is critically important as it hel ps us understand your expectations for your child and also will help us support the wellbeing of each child. I have included the engagement and wellbeing questions below so you can review them in advance. You will need to talk with your child and get their feedback to complete the first two sections.
- Student led conferences will continue as originally planned, but now in the week of 23 March. The big difference is that you will have the conference at home with your child and then upload a brief reflection to your child’s teacher via google Classroom or Seesaw. More details will follow in the week preceding the conferences and obviously you will be able to run the conference at a time that suits your family during that week.
- Y 4-6 Camps. We are currently investigating viability and options for camps and will have detailed information to you in the week of 23 March
- We need you to complete the survey!
Take care and we look forward to seeing your feedback to survey #3.
What level of engagement are you expecting for your child? (you will select one of the following)
- To complete all set tasks and engage with all teacher online connect times
- To complete most set tasks and engage with most teachers online connect times
- To complete some set tasks and engage with some teachers online connect times
- To sporadically connect as it suits our family as we have other learning priorities & challenges at present
Wellbeing (with your child 1-10 scale as per AWE)
In general, how happy have you been feeling in the past week?
In general how worried or anxious have you been in the past week?
In general, how satisfied are you with your health?
How happy are you with the amount of sleep you are currently getting?
How happy are you with your current diet?
How happy are you with your current amount of exercise?
General Comment wellbeing;
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.