Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Friday 15 May PTA Bingo Night
Friday 22 May KJS Music Concert
Friday 29 May ESF Transition Day for whole school
Wednesday 3 June Y5 girls & Y6 immunisation
Friday 5 June PTA Disco Night
Tuesday 23 June Y6 Leavers Assembly
Wednesday 24 June Final Assembly at 2pm & Last day of the year – Full day class
Thursday 25 June Summer holiday begins!
Tuesday 11 August First day of 2020/2021 school year
We are very excited here at KJS about the great news announced yesterday that we will have the opportunity for the children to return back to school sometime after 20 May. This has really lifted our spirits.
We will await further advice from ESF and EDB regarding Health and Safety Guidelines. In the meantime, we are planning how we can safely transition the children back to school and recommence learning once we have clarification on dates and year levels that can return.
Once again, there is a lot of important information in this newsletter so please take a few moments to read it through.
On Friday, we will send the Virtual Celebration Assembly to your child. There are some challenges and provocations in the video that could be great dinner time prompts for discussion, so ask your child to share it with you!
Once again, please stay well, keep those positive messages going with your children about caring for self, with practical strategies. Please open up some time for talking about what it will be like to be back at school and give your child an opportunity to share their thinking about it. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they excited or anxious or a mix of both?
- How can they prepare best for being back at school?
- What things are they most looking forward to?
We look forward to seeing your child very soon!
REMINDER: 45% Discount on June’s Fees
This is a reminder that should you wish to receive the discount on June’s fees (see ESF Notice below), please log in to your Gateway account to opt in through eNotice.
In order to be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your child is in full-time education at the school.
- You do not already receive any kind of fee remission in full.
- Your fees are not paid by an external body such as the HK Government.
The deadline to opt in is tomorrow Thursday, 7 May 2020. If you have any questions about the package, please contact ESF at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch with you directly.
Refund of KJS Fee 2019/2020 (Year 6)
Thank you for your patience regarding the 2019/20 camp. It has been a challenging time as we sought to postpone the event and worked with providers to secure the best outcome for our students. Once a decision was made to cancel the camp, the school investigated the options of refunds. Unfortunately, we were unable to secure a full refund from providers as they had already incurred costs. However, for those parents who require a full refund, the School Council has agreed to this. If requested, we will meet the shortfall of HK$1,216 on average per student in order to provide a full refund. Accordingly, Year 6 families have been offered a refund of the camp fee and partial refund for stationery and activities after deducting all the expenses.
Year 6 parents, please complete this form on or before Sunday, 17 May 2020, and we will arrange the refund. Details of the refund and related matters are listed in this form. Should you still have further questions, please email our Finance Team at email@example.com.
Our Library Team is getting ready for your return! To ensure the health and safety of all students, we have recently purchased a Book Sanitizer machine that will sterilize the cover and inside of pages of books. Tests have found that by using UV light, it will destroy 99.99% of most bacteria and germs that are found in books.
Many public and school libraries internationally currently use book sterilizer machines for library patrons before they take the books home. The machine that we selected has been tested for safety and ease of use for children. Watch this short video on how you can use this machine when you return to school.
ESF and Other Notices
ESF launches Triple Assistance Package
ESF has announced the launching of ‘Triple Assistance Package’ for parents in need. As the name suggests, there are three elements:
- All ESF families who currently pay fees will be able to quickly and easily opt in to receive a 45% discount – per student – on their fees in June.
- The extension of the current ESF Financial Assistance Scheme to include the families of Year 1 and Year 7 students – as well as families of students in ESF Kindergartens and of students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
- The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving you the option to defer up to 50% of your April, May and June 2020 fees – with the option to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
You can get more detailed information about all of these schemes in the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ online at this webpage: www.esf.edu.hk/tripleassistance.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.