Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Thursday 7 November ESF Orchestra Jam
Friday 8 November Y1-3 Assembly
12 – 15 November School Photo
Friday 15 November Bingo Night
Friday 22 November Y1-3 Assembly & Library Workshop for Parents and Helpers
27 – 29 November Y5 Camp
26 – 29 November Y6 Camp
Friday 6 December Whole school assembly
Friday 13 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
16 December – 3 January Term Break
Monday 6 January First day of Term 2
It was a delight to see so many of you here last week for the first round of 3 Way Learning Conferences and we look forward to seeing the remainder of you here tomorrow. The 3 Way Learning Conference is an integral part of our reporting and communicating with parents and plays a critical role in our AAROW’s of Success. It is so pleasing to see children discussing their learning with their parents and parents providing positive and constructive feedback. If you make time to arrive early for your appointment, you can have your child share some of their recent learning with you and explore their shared learning space.
The feedback from the children was very positive. Here are some responses:
- Y1 “ It was good ‘cause I like talking about school.”
- Y2 “We got to share what we have learnt and in the first two minutes we could share whatever we wanted to get comfortable. I liked sharing my stuff with Mum.”
- Y3 “I talked about writing and maths and I liked that we could choose what we talked about. Mum and Dad thought it was wonderful.”
- Y4 “It was quite cool sharing my learning because I felt quite proud.”
- Y5 “I was a bit confident (in my head) but also a bit nervous to tell my parents and teacher what I was learning about. After my conference, my parents were very proud of me!”
- Y6 “I liked the way the teacher supported me ‘cause sometimes I missed something to say. Mum understood my targets and said she would support me and she did the next day!”
It is definitely worth the time and effort to come along and partner with us and your child.
We have a few great events coming up that are worth making time in your diary for including the Bingo night (Harry Potter theme!) and the Library Workshop for Parents and Helpers. Please do take the time to join us and in doing so, supporting your child with their learning.
Donation Raised – Dress Casual Day
A total of HKD15,462.80 was raised for the Community Chest last week. Thank you for your generosity.
Click here to view in full size
ESF and Other Notices
John Hopkins Centre for Talented Youth Programme @ KGV ( (click here)
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.