Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Tuesday 16 March Parent Workshop – Y5 & Y6 Relationships & Sexual Education
18 & 19 March 3 Way Learning Conferences
Thursday 25 March ESF Evening of Dance
Friday 26 March Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
29 March – 9 April Term Break
Monday 12 April First day of Term 3
What a week!
We had a fantastic book week, announced the proposed move to 100% half days and then got the good news about the vaccine rollout for school staff!
Many thanks to our Library team and school staff for creating and supporting such a fun book week for our children. We are so fortunate to have such an innovative and dedicated team.
Our move to 100% of children for half days is dependent on results from staff testing for Covid. Our plan is to start 100% on Monday, 15 March. I will confirm the start date to you by tomorrow morning.
Please note to support safety and wellbeing, we will continue to emphasize our 3M’s for Success at KJS.
You can help at home by:
- checking and recording your child’s temperature daily;
- Monitoring for symptoms and keeping your child at home if any symptoms are evident;
- Keeping your child home if you are pending a CHP mandated test due to close contact/ building testing;
- Reminding your child of the 3M’s and ensuring they have appropriate snacks which they can self manage (open themselves!), their two masks and are making their clean hands matter.
Please note when we commence our 100% of children for half days:
- The day commences at 8:00 am, with a soft start for 8:30 am lessons. Please do not send, or drop your child earlier than 8:00 am;
- The day concludes at 1:00pm (please note the new time) parents will be admitted into the school in Year groups (commencing with Years 1&2) so that we can safely release children and reduce crowding;
- Buses will be managed as they have been in the past with the Tung Cheung buses called first to allow a swift departure due to the travel time these children have;
- Children will have independent learning in the afternoon (not Zooms) as we transition to the new time frames and work to maximise face-to-face learning in the morning whilst providing learning experiences and allowing flexibility for families in the afternoon;
- Children will need a suitable snack to sustain them until 1:00pm.
As mentioned above, we will send confirmation by tomorrow morning regarding our planned start date.
We are looking forward to having the children in school every day and maximising learning.
Thank you for celebrating Book Week with us!
We hope your children enjoyed the Book Week activities that were planned. Our library team had fun watching the kids coming into school dressed up as their favourite book characters, joining into our mystery and home language reading sessions, and participating on our Zoom author visits.
Although Book Week has come to an end, we will continue to keep the Book Week page on our KJS Virtual Library so that children can still enjoy the author illustration and storytelling videos. We also have a Book Week padlet where children have posted their pictures and their personal reflections. Also, watch for the Virtual Celebration Assembly this Friday that has a Book Week theme.
We would also like to announce the winners of this year’s Who’s Behind the Book Contest and reveal the secret teachers behind the books. Click here for the slideshow and winners.
Thank you for all your wonderful emails of support. We promise to get through all of them. Together, let’s keep reading!
ESF and Other Notices
Chinese Language Festival 2020/2021
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.