Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Thursday 13 June School Disco
13 & 14 June Y4 Trip to Hebe Haven and Trio Beach (CANCELLED)
Thursday 20 June PYP Exhibition Showcase Night 5:30pm
Tuesday 25 June Auntie Appreciation Afternoon
Thursday 27 June Y6 Leavers’ Assembly 2:00pm
Friday 28 June Last day of school – Half day
Tuesday 13 August First day of 2019/2020 school year
This week, I will let our Year 6 PYPX students do the talking!
Thank you very much to those who have already supported the year 6 students with their action initiatives. The students are still looking for more support so that they can give back to our local NGOs and also support the causes they are passionate about.
Please click on this link, KJS PYP Exhibition Website, to find out how you can help.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
The Year 6 Students
Casper, Markus, Gordon, Jayden, Marcus, and Jeff:
Currently, we are inquiring into Hunger in Hong Kong for our PYP Exhibition for Y6. We are in the middle of taking action and we would appreciate some help from our KJS Parent community. We are working with an NGO (Non-Government Organization) called Feeding Hong Kong. They help people in need by organising food drives and then giving the food to people that cannot afford to purchase food. You can help us by donating these foods to the boxes in between the hall and the library. We accept Canned Food, Shelf Stable Items, Dry Pasta, Milk Powder, Vegetables, Rice, Cereal and Crackers. Please consider donating food to the boxes and help us take action to help people in our local community that don’t have access to the resources we take for granted.
My name is Praneel Chatlani from 6L and for my exhibition I am doing Global Goal 12 and focusing on Overconsumption. I already have a Toy drive organised by I want to set up a clothes donation in school as well.
Your unwanted, clean clothes!
If you have any unwanted clothes for men, women or children, please donate them In the box next to the office so I can send them to REDRESS.
The box will be available from the 10th of June to 20th of June 2019
Kylton Kim and Enzo Lee:
Our names are Kylton Kim and Enzo Lee. As part of our PYP Exhibition, we are partnering with NGO Conservation International. They have a donation campaign and we are taking action by bringing a jar for donations around the playground in the mornings from the 12th of June to the 20th of June.
After Conservation International receives the money, they will take the money to different countries to plant trees, buy renewable energy sources and help developing countries.
Our goal is $200 HKD, which is about enough to plant a Mangrove tree in Libya. Every cent counts!
Reminder to Children Leaving KJS
For children who will not be returning to KJS for the 2019/2020 school year, please be reminded to copy to a thumb drive all of your child’s school records from Gateway, as access to the system will not be available after departure.
Residential Address Update on Gateway
If your family will be moving or changing residential address over the summer, please be reminded to update accordingly on Gateway, especially for next year’s Year 6 children, as transition to Year 7 will be processed according to current residential at the time of application.
KJS Parents With Siblings
Referring from an ESF press release dated 8 March 2019 (click here for the full article):
“Students joining the first year of an ESF kindergarten from August 2020 will be guaranteed a place at an ESF primary and secondary school, if they can benefit from a mainstream education.
“Students will now be able to move seamlessly through the ESF education system from K1 to Year 13 without the need for further interviews.”
If you have a younger child who is born in 2017 and wishes to join the ESF family, he/she should be eligible to apply for an ESF kindergarten this September to start in the 2020/2021 school year. More detail will be posed on the ESF website over the summer.
Summer Baking Camp
Please click here for more information about the summer baking camp offered by Ms Hong.
It’s on Thursday. We look forward to seeing the children and Avengers alike at the school disco. Please be reminded that this is a family event – children and their siblings and family can attend the disco.
Just a few reminders:
- Children need to accompanied by a responsible adult;
- The event will take place solely on the first floor in and around the areas of the school hall – all other areas of the school will be closed;
- Each person attending the disco needs to bring their own refillable water bottle – free water stations will be placed at various spots in and outside of the hall;
- Food – pizzas and pastries – will be available for purchase;
- Everyone needs a ticket to attend the school disco – the cost of the ticket covers the overtime that we pay to the cleaning staff who help during and after the event.
Tickets are still available from the PTA office. Please purchase your tickets before we run out.
To commemorate their years at KJS and move to Year 7, the Year 6s have formed a small disco committee to initiate and lead a disco for their fellow Year 6s.
The Year 6 disco will take place immediately after the whole school disco, from 7pm to 8pm.
We ask that the Year 6s support the efforts of the disco committee and join in the event. A letter with further details has been sent out to all Year 6 parents.
Our recipe booklet in collaboration with Lizzie Sharp is available for purchase from the PTA office.
It is a school rule that the children come dressed in their proper school uniform. Please head over to the PTA office if you need to purchase any items before we break for the summer.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow at 5pm in the school hall. Kind regards,
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.