Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
12 to 15 March Council of International Schools Preparatory Visit
Saturday 16 March KJS School Fair
27 & 29 March Y2 Trips to Mong Kok Flower Market
Thursday 28 March Basketball Tournament at KJS
Friday 29 March Annual Music Concert
Monday 1 April School-wide Exams (just kidding, April Fools!)
Tuesday 2 April Wear Blue Day for Autism Awareness
Thursday 4 April ESF Primary Choral Concert
Friday 5 April Ching Ming Festival – No school
Monday 8 April Student Led Conference (evening)
Tuesday 9 April Student Led Conference (full day)
Thursday 11 April School Disco
Friday 12 April Last day of term – Half day
15 to 26 April Term Break – No school
The highlight of the last week was the Year 4 Camp to Sai Kung. Despite the persistent rain, the staff were able to provide a challenging and enjoyable experience for children. The activities and experiences the children engaged in boosted Wellbeing, provided Opportunity for children to experience dormitory sleeping, new friendships and relationships and to engage in new experiences and challenges. Student Agency was enabled with children choosing from a wide range of experiences over the three days and they were also challenged to be more Respectful in the presentation of their dorms, the shared use of facilities and eating in large groups. Many children expressed the ‘dorm inspections’ as a highlight! Finally, children were challenged to be Achievers through the dorm talent quest, the sports and crafts. You guessed it, the AAROW’s of Success was very evident at the Year 4 Camp. Great camps are made possible through the planning, preparation and dedication of the staff. Out team were ‘on duty’ for three full days (and nights) and did a tremendous job of providing a memorable experience for our child. Our immense gratitude to the team for their hard work. If you are a parent of a Year 4 camper I encourage you to take a few minutes to send an email of appreciation to your child’s Teacher and Educational Assistant.
It is time for our Green Dream KJS PTA Fair! We hope you have set aside times this weekend to come and share in our dream to make KJS a more sustainable learning environment for your children. Come and enjoy the fun, food, performances, bring your cash to take part and in doing so support the school. Funds raised will be used to purchase sustainable hands-on learning resources and equipment for your children. We need you to come along to make this a successful day!
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Parent Workshops: Growing Up Online
An informative & entertaining session for Parents and carers is delivered with Susan McLean’s famous ‘no-nonsense’ approach & will cover the positive benefits of technology as well as what parents need to be aware of.
Monday 8 April 2019
ESF Centre – http://bit.ly/ESF_CyberBully2019
Tuesday 9 April 2019
West Island School – http://bit.ly/ESF_CyberBullly_WIS2019
Thursday 11 April 2019
UNICEF Kid Power Programme
Our children and staff have been wearing the UNICEF Bands for 2 weeks now. We have started the first syncing of all those participating this week. Please make sure you are wearing your band daily to allow us to sync the bands and bank as many steps as we can; ensuring we save as many lives as possible. Keep moving; every step counts!
Please remember to charge the bands regularly and note they are not suitable to wear during water activities.
It’s this Saturday. We hope you are as excited as we are. Please come early and enjoy everything our children, parents and teachers have worked hard to put together.
- Calling on all coffee connoisseurs – we need help from 12pm to 1pm and 2pm to 4:30pm at the Coffee stall
- The Face Painting stall needs volunteers from 3pm to 4:30pm
- The Plants stall needs help from 3pm to 4:30pm
- The Western stall has the following message:
Thank you to those parents who have already pledged a food or cash donation for the Western Food stall at our Fair on Saturday. However, we are in need of some more items to sell. Cakes, cookies, or cash would be welcome.
Please email the PTA office with details of what you would like to donate, your name, child(ren)’s name and class number and let us know when you could let the PTA office know when you can bring the items to school.
- If you would still like to sign up to help at any of the other stalls that will be running – food stalls, tattoos, hair accessories, book corner, White Elephant stall or at the year group games, please approach us at the PTA office and let us know.
- Please bring your own water bottle that can be refilled at the event Please bring your own containers if you would like to purchase any food for takeaway from food stalls
- Make an active effort to reduce waste and dispose of waste in the appropriate matter
- Bring cash to place as deposit for the rental of tableware and cutlery – deposit will be returned in full after items have been returned; WeUse, an external company, will be operating this rental service on the day
- Take advantage of our stamp card system which offers everyone a chance to win a prize every hour
- Bring in your fair booklets if you don’t need them anymore, and place them in collection boxes placed at the entrance of the school so the booklets can be recycled after the fair
- If your child will be performing on stage on at the fair, please do send us their music in MP3 format via email to the PTA office as soon as possible, if you haven’t done so already
- Also make sure your child comes to the stage 10 minutes prior to their performance time and report to the Emcee, Saloni or another committee member by the stage– if you are not sure of the performance time, please contact us at the PTA office immediately
See you on Saturday at 11am!
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
ESF and Other Notices
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.