Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Friday 15 May PTA Bingo Night – Canceled
Friday 22 May KJS Music Concert – Canceled
Wednesday 3 June Y5 girls & Y6 immunisation – Canceled
Friday 5 June PTA Disco Night – Canceled
Friday 29 May ESF Transition Day for whole school
Tuesday 23 June Y6 Leavers Assembly
Wednesday 24 June Final Assembly at 2pm & Last day of the year – Full day class
Thursday 25 June Summer holiday begins!
10 – 12 August Staff training – No school
Thursday 13 August First day of 2020/2021 school year
The excitement is building, as are the detailed planning and preparation for the soon to be announced return to school. We will bring you an update tomorrow, by which time, we can share the plans for return to school. In the meanwhile, to prepare for the return, you can:
- Ensure you have a thermometer at home for daily temperature check and recording before your children leaves for school;
- Continue to provide opportunity for conversations with your child about what they are looking forward to about returning to school and any worries they might have; and
- Ensure your child continues to engage with distance learning and be in attendance in all class zooms.
In advance, we advise that we will not be doing the regular reorganisation of Year 2 and Year 4 children for their Year 3 and 5 classes for the next academic year. Given the disruption to their in school relationships, we will keep all current classes together for the year ahead to foster wellbeing. This in turn, will enhance learning and a positive transition to school in the new year.
We look forward to providing more ‘return to school’ details to you tomorrow.
Deadline Extension: 45% Discount on June’s Fees
Advised by ESF, the deadline for application to receive the discount on June’s fees (see ESF Notice below) has been extended to Sunday, 17 May 2020. There have also been some changes to the original eligibility criteria. You are welcome to see the message here.
Should you wish to receive this, please log in to your Gateway account to opt in through eNotice. If you have already opted in, you DO NOT need to opt in again.
If you have any questions about the package, please contact ESF at email@example.com and someone will be in touch with you directly.
Sale of 2019/2020 Yearbook
We are very excited to announce the production of this year’s yearbook is underway. We have added some new features in the 2019-2020 Yearbook, including Year 6 student reflection and farewell, Zoom views and many more. The details of the yearbook are:
- Cost HK$100 each
- Every Y6 student will receive a complimentary copy.
- Every family can only order one copy per child for the time being – on a first come, first served basis while stock lasts.
- To place an order, please complete the form here and pay by credit card through PayPal.
- Due to the current Coronavirus situation, we will NOT accept any other forms of payment until further notice.
- Distribution is scheduled in June 2020 and parents will be notified accordingly.
- Delivery by mail or courier will NOT be an option.
For any questions, please contact KJS Finance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund of KJS Fee 2019/2020 (Year 6)
Thank you for your patience regarding the 2019/20 camp. It has been a challenging time as we sought to postpone the event and worked with providers to secure the best outcome for our students. Once a decision was made to cancel the camp, the school investigated the options of refunds. Unfortunately, we were unable to secure a full refund from providers as they had already incurred costs. However, for those parents who require a full refund, the School Council has agreed to this. If requested, we will meet the shortfall of HK$1,216 on average per student in order to provide a full refund. Accordingly, Year 6 families have been offered a refund of the camp fee and partial refund for stationery and activities after deducting all the expenses.
Year 6 parents, please complete this form on or before Sunday, 17 May 2020, and we will arrange the refund. Details of the refund and related matters are listed in this form. Should you still have further questions, please email our Finance Team at email@example.com.
The Library Team is excited that we’ll see all of you very soon back at school.
We understand that some students still have questions about the Coronavirus and would like more information that is kid-friendly. We have created a section in the KJS Virtual Library, under Fun and Helpful websites under the section “Kid-Friendly Information about the Coronavirus (Covid-19)”. Here is a video explanation about where to find it and what’s included.
We hope you will take the time to explore this section together with your child and that it will help alleviate some of the questions they may have.
Lunch Refunds from Term 2
Fit For Life will be arranging for a full refund for all lunch orders placed during Term 2. The PTA will distribute these forms to students after receiving them from the caterer in mid-June. Parents should expect to receive the refunds via direct debit by the end of July.
Bingo Night Refunds
As promised, the PTA will refund all tickets sold for Bingo Night during Term 1. Please refer to this form and return the form with your tickets to the PTA.
If your child(ren) started school at KJS with distance learning while class is suspended, some of you may be starting to think about preparing school uniforms, as all of us are very excited that school may be resumed soon.
Please note that school uniforms could be purchased through the PTA. This will be arranged through the PTA Office by appointment only. You are welcome to contact the PTA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
ESF and Other Notices
ESF launches Triple Assistance Package
ESF has announced the launching of ‘Triple Assistance Package’ for parents in need. As the name suggests, there are three elements:
- All ESF families who currently pay fees will be able to quickly and easily opt in to receive a 45% discount – per student – on their fees in June.
- The extension of the current ESF Financial Assistance Scheme to include the families of Year 1 and Year 7 students – as well as families of students in ESF Kindergartens and of students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
- The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving you the option to defer up to 50% of your April, May and June 2020 fees – with the option to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
You can get more detailed information about all of these schemes in the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ online at this webpage: www.esf.edu.hk/tripleassistance.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.