Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Wednesday 5 February Registration for audition for stage performance for KJS Fair
Friday 14 February CPD
Friday 21 February Bingo Night
Saturday 22 February ESF Cross Country Festival
2 – 5 March Y6 Local Camps – postponed
3 – 6 March Y6 Overseas Camp – cancelled, now included in local camp
9 – 13 March Book Week – postponed
Wednesday 18 March Y1 Immunisation – new date (if classes resume)
25 & 26 March School Musical: Dr Dolittle Jr – postponed
Wednesday 1 April Y1 & 2 Sports Day & Student Led Conference (evening)
Thursday 2 April Student Led Conference (all day)- No classes
Friday 3 April Last day of term – FULL Day Classes
Monday 20 April First day of Term 3
We hope you and your family are well. Please let your child’s teacher know if your situation at home changes such as the family temporarily relocating overseas or in home support changing.
This weeks video is for your children, please support them to dress up this week in their cultural costume and send the pictures to email@example.com and to send me any photos, poems or pictures for my wall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your ongoing support, feedback and suggestions about how we can enhance distance learning. We continue to refine the content, volume, complexity and online/ offline components based on parent and student feedback. Chrome-books and ipads are still available, just go here to sign up and then drop into school and myself and the Senior Leadership Team on the first floor will help you.
Just a brief reminder teachers cannot respond to every upload and piece of learning submitted so please understand the selective feedback.
We are currently reviewing all of our March, April and Term 3 commitments for in school and out of school activities and will let you know as soon as we have reliable information on which to base proposals and decisions. This will include reviewing camps for the year and other outdoor and offsite activities.
Take care, stay safe.
With the announcement that schools will restart on 16 March 2020, questions have been raised about the school raffle. Please refer to the following details for the raffle:
- Starting from 24 February 2020 to 10 March 2020, we will be collecting raffle tickets – sold and unsold – together with the money collected, preferably in the form of cheques;
- According to the raffle license, all sold and unsold tickets need to be accounted for, so please return all tickets, whether they have been sold or unsold, in the envelope that was first provided with the raffle tickets;
- A closed collection box will be placed with Cindy, our guard at the main entrance of the school – envelopes should be dropped off in this box any time from Monday to Friday between 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm;
- Candy, our PTA Administrator and myself will be going into school several times a week to tally the tickets and payment received;
- The draw will take place at school with Neill, our Principal, myself, our PTA Administrators and IT staff from the school on 14 March 2020;
- The entire draw will be recorded, and the video will be uploaded on the school’s Facebook page and our PTA web page together with the results after the draw;
- Raffle prize winners can come and collect their prizes from the PTA office once school reopens; and
- Please remember to bring along your HK ID and the winning ticket to collect your prize.
We have tried to make the collection of raffle tickets as feasible as possible for all parents. I do understand that a lot of families are travelling and handing in their tickets by 10 March might not be possible. As such, please hand in your raffle tickets, sold and unsold to us as soon as possible before the draw on 14 March 2020.
Please note that missing / lost raffle tickets may affect our chances of obtaining a raffle license in the future.
I appreciate your support with all of this and wish everyone the best of luck with the raffle.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.