Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Monday 24 May Full day learning resumes!
Wednesday 26 May Y1 Immunisation
Thursday 27 May Y5 (girls) & Y6 Immunisation
Friday 28 May Whole School Transition Day
Monday 14 June Dragon Boat Festival – No school
Wednesday 30 June Last day of school – Half day (finish at 12pm)
Thursday 1 July Summer holiday begins!
It is a pleasure to welcome Jamie Schmitz to Kowloon Junior School in 2021/22. I know Jamie well as we have worked together on a number of projects over the last 4 years and I am delighted that he will lead our school in the next academic year. Jamie brings a dedication to student centred learning and I know he is really looking forward to working with the staff, children and meeting the community. Please click here for a short video of introduction from Jamie.
As we return to full days next week, please note:
- Your child needs to be through the gates by 8:25 am at the latest for our 8:30 am start;
- Your child will need sufficient food for both eating times, morning and midday;
- Children need to be able to open and eat their own food without assistance at both eating times;
- No heating or cooling of food is permissible at school and children cannot buy lunches at school;
- Eating will take place in our approved areas with children fully supervised and eating in silence;
- In addition to midday snack time, children will have a short movement break in year groups before returning to afternoon classes;
- The day will conclude at 2:30pm, and
- Children require parent/helper supervision to purchase food items from the stand outside school.
We are really excited about the return to full days and want these to be safe, enjoyable and last as long as possible. Please continue to support the school by ensuring your child arrives on time and is collected on time, the food provided is appropriate and it is accessible by your child. We ask parents to remain vigilant about keeping children at home if they are ill and reporting the illness with accuracy.
Enjoy the weekend and we look forward to seeing the children for full days commencing Monday!
IMPORTANT: School Place & Advance Fees 2021/22
A message from ESF has been sent last week in regard to confirmation of a school place for your child(ren) and advance fees for the coming school year. Please read it carefully, and if you are planning to withdraw your child(ren) after the end of this school year, please submit a Student Withdrawal Notice to the office on or before Monday 31 May 2021.
You may view the message from ESF here.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.