Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Tuesday 23 June Y6 Leavers Assembly under review
Wednesday 24 June Final Assembly at 2pm under review
Friday 29 May ESF Transition Day for new Y1 and Y6
17 & 18 June Transition Day for Y1-Y5
Wednesday 24 June Last day of the year – Full day class
Thursday 25 June Summer holiday begins!
10 – 12 August Staff training – No school
Thursday 13 August First day of 2020/2021 school year
We are delighted to have the children back. Look out for our Virtual Celebration Assembly later on Friday where we celebrate the return to school and champion the learner profile of being principled.
You can help us with talking with your child about being principled by encouraging them to think about the choices they make (especially in relation to our 3M’s) and the decisions they make. You can also help us by
- Ensuring your child arrives on time to start the day if they are a walker or are dropped at school.
- Making sure whoever collects them at the end of the day is in the staff carpark at 2:20 pm sharp (gates open at 2:10 pm).
- Making sure whoever collects your child from school is wearing a mask.
- Reminding your child to have their name clearly written on the front of their mask so that we can see who they are at a glance.
- Keeping the ‘real food’ coming so that children have healthy food and subsequently, energy for their day.
- Ensuring your child has the approved school uniform for these last four weeks, including the correct shoes.
- Continuing conversations at home that allow your child to express how they feel about their time at school and any concerns they have, especially concerns about potential protest action.
- Staying in touch with your child’s teacher if you have any concerns or information that you think might help us as we partner towards the end 2019/20 in a successful way for your child.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many parents who have been sending in messages of support and appreciation and also those who have sent clarifying questions so that we could enhance the return to school process to meet the needs of all children. Our partnership in these difficult times is essential as we strive for “Success for Every Child”.
Reminder: Student Withdrawal
If you are withdrawing your child at the end of this academic year, we are sad to see you leave. Please be reminded to complete the student withdrawal notice and return it to the school office in person or via email by the end of this week. Otherwise, ESF will assume that your child is returning after summer and parents are liable to the tuition fees for September 2020 even if the student does not return to school.
Sale of 2019/2020 Yearbook
We are very excited to announce the production of this year’s yearbook is underway. We have added some new features in the 2019-2020 Yearbook, including Year 6 student reflection and farewell, Zoom views and many more. The details of the yearbook are:
- Cost HK$100 each
- Every Y6 student will receive a complimentary copy.
- Every family can only order one copy per child for the time being – on a first come, first served basis while stock lasts.
- To place an order, please complete the form here and pay by credit card through PayPal.
- Due to the current Coronavirus situation, we will NOT accept any other forms of payment until further notice.
- Distribution is scheduled in June 2020 and parents will be notified accordingly.
- Delivery by mail or courier will NOT be an option.
For any questions, please contact KJS Finance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESF and Other Notices
ESF launches Triple Assistance Package
ESF has announced the launching of ‘Triple Assistance Package’ for parents in need. As the name suggests, there are three elements:
- All ESF families who currently pay fees will be able to quickly and easily opt in to receive a 45% discount – per student – on their fees in June.
- The extension of the current ESF Financial Assistance Scheme to include the families of Year 1 and Year 7 students – as well as families of students in ESF Kindergartens and of students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
- The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving you the option to defer up to 50% of your April, May and June 2020 fees – with the option to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
You can get more detailed information about all of these schemes in the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ online at this webpage: www.esf.edu.hk/tripleassistance.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.