Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Thursday 30 April Buddha’s Birthday – No school
Friday 1 May Labour Day – No school
Friday 15 May PTA Bingo Night
Friday 22 May KJS Music Concert
Friday 29 May ESF Transition Day for whole school
Wednesday 3 June Y5 girls & Y6 immunisation
Friday 5 June PTA Disco Night
Tuesday 23 June Y6 Leavers Assembly
Wednesday 24 June Final Assembly at 2pm & Last day of the year – Full day class
Thursday 25 June Summer holiday begins!
Tuesday 11 August First day of 2020/2021 school year
Welcome parents to this week’s newsletter filled with very important information that can save you time, enhance student safety and wellbeing, allow you to have a say about your child’s learning, save you money and celebrate the happenings at KJS. Please take a look!
Attached is a video for your children and you to enjoy together. There is something for everyone in the video and a special challenge to Year 5 students.
My Fay speaks about wellbeing and refers to this “5 Ways to wellbeing”.
It is a requirement that children have their video on, their correct name and room number displayed, and that they engage in a respectful manner. Please support them to do this.
Parent comment, end of year report:
You have been so intimately involved in your child’s learning for most of 2020 that we would like to invite you to contribute up to 150 words celebrating your child’s progress this year. We will send you a link shortly. In the meantime, you might want to start discussing and preparing what you would like to say about your child’s AAROW’s of Success and their Learner Profile attributes (our school values) during distance learning or anything else positive that you would like on this very important document.
This report will celebrate the learning and progress your child has made for the entire year. As we move into 2020, it is very timely, after the year we have had, to remember with a special report.
Please continue reading below for more important information. We wish you a safe and restful weekend as we celebrate Buddha’s birthday.
Refund of KJS Fee 2019/2020 (Year 6)
Thank you for your patience regarding the 2019/20 camp. It has been a challenging time as we sought to postpone the event and worked with providers to secure the best outcome for our students. Once a decision was made to cancel the camp, the school investigated the options of refunds. Unfortunately, we were unable to secure a full refund from providers as they had already incurred costs. However, for those parents who require a full refund, the School Council has agreed to this. If requested, we will meet the shortfall of HK$1,216 on average per student in order to provide a full refund. Accordingly, Year 6 families have been offered a refund of the camp fee and partial refund for stationery and activities after deducting all the expenses.
Year 6 parents, please complete this form on or before Sunday, 17 May 2020, and we will arrange the refund. Details of the refund and related matters are listed in this form. Should you still have further questions, please email our Finance Team at email@example.com.
School bus costs during suspended school
We have spoken to ESF Centre about bus costs, refunds and compensation as a number of parents have contacted the school directly.
ESF and the school is aware of the company’s responses in terms of considering discounted fees. However, the school is not directly involved as contracts are between parents and the bus company. ESF Centre has been advocating for parents to major bus companies. However, it remains up to the parents to negotiate with the bus company directly on this matter. We regret that we are unable to assist further with negotiations regarding bus fares during school suspensions.
45% Discount on June’s Fees
As part of the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ launched by ESF (see ESF Notices below), should you wish to receive the discount on June’s fees, please log in to your Gateway account to opt in through eNotice. If you are unfamiliar with the eNotice function, you may click here for instructions.
In order to be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your child is in full-time education at the school.
- You do not already receive any kind of fee remission in full.
- Your fees are not paid by an external body such as the HK Government.
The deadline to opt in is Thursday, 7 May 2020. If you have any questions about the package, please contact ESF at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch with you directly.
Student Grant Scheme Update
All forms received have been sent to ESF Centre and ESF has assured that it has been handed to the Education Bureau (EDB) for processing. It will take some time for the government to issue grants to respective bank accounts.
AAROW’s of Success at KJS
By installing a new 126kW solar system on the roof of KJS we are showing Respect for self, others and the environment!
Many thanks to the ESF Team who have managed this project and CPL who have partnered with ESF and KJS.
We have some exciting news for you this week! The KJS Library team has enabled the “Book Review” function on Orbit!
You can help the KJS school community by writing book reviews and sharing your opinion on the books you have borrowed. Please take the books you have borrowed from our KJS Library and write a review.
Have fun! Become a book reviewer!
ESF and Other Notices
ESF launches Triple Assistance Package
ESF has announced the launching of ‘Triple Assistance Package’ for parents in need. As the name suggests, there are three elements:
- All ESF families who currently pay fees will be able to quickly and easily opt in to receive a 45% discount – per student – on their fees in June.
- The extension of the current ESF Financial Assistance Scheme to include the families of Year 1 and Year 7 students – as well as families of students in ESF Kindergartens and of students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
- The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving you the option to defer up to 50% of your April, May and June 2020 fees – with the option to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
You can get more detailed information about all of these schemes in the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ online at this webpage: www.esf.edu.hk/tripleassistance.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at email@example.com to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.