Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
31 October & 7 November 3 Way Learning Conference (2.15 – 6.30pm)
Friday 1 November Dress Casual Day for Community Chest & Y4-6 Assembly
Friday 8 November Y1-3 Assembly
12 – 15 November School Photo
Friday 15 November Bingo Night
Friday 22 November Y1-3 Assembly
27 – 29 November Y5 Camp
26 – 29 November Y6 Camp
Friday 6 December Whole school assembly
Friday 13 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
16 December – 3 January Term Break
Monday 6 January First day of Term 2
We were so delighted to celebrate Diwali at KJS last week. The moving performances by the children (and staff!) were a sight to behold! Thank you to the many families who helped prepare the children and came along to enjoy the celebration.
It is our pleasure to attach (click here) the 2018/19 Annual Report, we hope you enjoy reading about our achievements and progress in the last academic year.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow or next week as we partner with you to unpack the AAROW’s of Success for your child.
Library News – Mother Tongue Book Donation
Mother Tongue Book Donations and Readers
After the first month of school and Who We Are Unit of Inquiry, we found that many KJS students speak another language at home (see above arrow for some languages identified). As such, KJS Library would like to expand our mother tongue book collection and encourage more students to read in their home language. In order to do this, we need your help.
You can help us in one of two ways:
- This December break, when you’re on vacation in your home country, consider bringing back a book and donating it to our library.
- Please ask your child to borrow a book from our mother tongue collection and record a video for us. We will be putting a QR code on our books and link them to the videos.
Videos should include:
- Record with your pointer finger following the text. Reading example.
- Read the title and author of the book.
Please return the book with a slip of paper that lets us know who read the book. Example: Dorothy Perkins, mother of Izzy Hui 3A. We will put this on the inside cover of the book permanently.
Email to Ms. Lau at email@example.com with the subject: mother tongue book recording. Note: we have tried asking parents and students reading it at school but there was too much background noise. Readings at home are more favourable.
Please look at our latest Mother Tongue Book Donations:
Thank you for your support and let’s get our children reading in their mother tongues!
Click here to view in full size
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.