Working together to achieve success for every child
Welcome to our 1st edition!
In each update, the Year 3 Team will bring you snapshots of what your children in Year Three have been up to every 2 weeks. You will see a variety of learning experiences exemplifying learning which is fun, exciting, challenging, innovative and/or creative…and whatever they are, we know that your child has worked really hard to get there and should you have the chance, you may want to share this newsletter with your child to find out the juicy details and discuss the great learning he/she have been doing!
Welcome to Y3!
Here are some selfies of our Y3 classes and teachers! We are having a great time on the 2nd Floor!
The Staff working with your children
Here are the teachers who will be working with your students this year!
We are all thrilled to be your child’s class teachers this year and look forward to all the great learning we will be doing!
Transdisciplinary Learning – It’s all connected!
We have thoroughly enjoyed starting the first few weeks of school focusing on the concept of wellbeing throughout the school.
The end of the day for Year 3 has been something many of our students have been looking forward to, as it is an opportunity for students to come together, sit with children from other classes and sing a Year 3 chant! Ask your child at home if they can sing it to you!
Year 3 students have been inquiring into the unit Who We Are and have inquired into the positive relationships they have with themselves and others in their school community.
During the last few weeks, the students unpacked the word relationship and have found out that relationships are about making connections to ourselves and the people we learn with and care about.
(Photo above) The students were asked to show their understanding of what the word ‘relationship’ means by choosing a material to create, make or draw what they have found out. We found out that ‘relationship’ means people who are connected together like our friends, family and teachers.
We also have been discovering what makes each of us special by identifying the skills, personality and strengths that each one of us bring to the Year 3 cohort. It has been great to see that we share similar traits in others that we also see in ourselves!
Year 3 PE
Year 3 students have been engaged in fun tasks and challenges to help get to know one another in a safe and caring environment. They have been working individually and in small groups to learn what respectful actions look like and why they are important. Through a variety of activity they are learning more about themselves and their own bodies and characters. By working in groups and teams they are learning to work cooperatively and respectfully with others and to share ideas,space and equipment. They have also been demonstrating their responsibility to take care of equipment and resources in PE lessons
A few key reminders for students and parents:
- Please remind your child to pack his/her hat for school each day, as children who do not bring their hat will not be allowed to take part in snack or lunch play.
- There are extreme peanut allergies in Year 3, so please make sure your child does not bring nuts to school or eat peanut butter or nutella for breakfast before he/she heads to school.
- Please remind your child to pack his/her own cutlery as we do not provide extra sets of cutlery at school.
- Your child this week have home readers to read at home daily for up to 5-10 minutes. Please let your child’s class teacher know if the level is too hard for your child.
- Due to a high number of damaged and lost books last year, students are now required to bring a book bag in order to borrow books when it is their library day. Students can reuse book folders from previous years or purchase a new from PTA for $22. Folders can also be purchased at any stationary store.
- Your child’s weekly timetable have been placed in their school diaries, should you have questions around the days and times they should wear their PE uniform to school.
We Need your help!
If you have any old or unused magazines or newspapers, we would love to get our hands on them for some creative art lessons!
Key dates for the Diary
Friday 31 August – Teacher Training Day, no school for students
Monday, 3rd September – Whole School Welcome Meetings, no school for students