“Success for Every Child”
At KJS we create a safe, supportive and caring environment where beliefs and values reflect a respect of cultural diversity. We motivate individuals to become lifelong learners who are empowered to take action to make a positive difference in the world. The school community works together to develop global citizens with a sense of social awareness and responsibility through an engaging, relevant and challenging curriculum.
Our Guiding Statements
Through our shared values we aim to achieve our Mission and Vision:
- Being internationally minded.
- Our commitment to developing a community of learners.
- Developing independence and collaboration in pursuit of excellence.
- Valuing mistakes as learning opportunities and recognising endeavor.
- Treating others as we would like to be treated.
- Recognizing, respecting and actively seeking the ideas and opinions of others.
- Encouraging creativity and innovation.
- Having high expectations of ourselves and others.
- Promoting physical, social and emotional well-being across the school community.
- Demonstrating our values through responsible action.
Our Guiding Statements shape our actions and the decisions we make at school in the pursuit of our vision ‘ Success for Every Child’. In order to ensure a shared understanding across the school community we are committed to keeping these Guiding Statements relevant and meaningful through:
- reference in meetings, planning sessions and when making or evaluating decisions explanation of the relevance of Guiding Statements in all policy documentation annual awareness raising across all stakeholders
- biannual review
- incorporation of values across the Programme of Inquiry
Within our values, the qualities we recognize as key to being ‘internationally minded’ prevail. These qualities are outlined in the IB Learner Profile and are appropriate for all members of our school community. The Learner Profile underpins a curricular framework that provides access to global issues in particular through the concepts of responsibility, perspective and connection, enabling us to put our Guiding Statements into action. We are proud to be an international school within a Hong Kong setting and to have the opportunity to draw on the knowledge and experiences of our community and the rich culture of our host country to enhance the learning in school and beyond. In the document ‘Our values in action’ we have identified what ‘international mindedness’ means for each stakeholder group within the school. This document can be accessed on the school website www.kjs.edu.hk