DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of who we are at ESF.
We are a community of over 18,000 students and staff from more than 70 nationalities and cultures, with a history stretching back over 50 years. We recognise the importance of creating an environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity and respect, and appreciated for who they are.
This is integral to our vision, mission and values as a leading international school organisation, committed to developing and inspiring every student to be the best that they can be.
Each school within ESF holds a shared vision to create a welcoming learning and working environment, including online, where everyone is valued and supported, so that each and every person in our community can thrive. We believe this is a key driver of our excellence and empowers our students and our staff to reach their fullest potential.
We are aware of our critical role in shaping the future generation of global citizens and are committed to constantly assessing and challenging our own diversity, equity and inclusion practices to ensure we are doing our very best for our students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- To provide students with an equal opportunity to access education and the support they require to enable them to flourish and truly be the best that they can be.
- To embrace diversity and celebrate the uniqueness of each student through our personalised learning approach in all ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools.
- To educate students and staff on the importance and impact of positive diversity, equity and inclusion policies, practices and behaviours through normalising speaking up, identifying learning opportunities, and holding regular training, awareness events and campaigns.
- To promote equitable practices in all of our operations and be fair in the way we deal with all aspects of recruitment and employment.
- Not to tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, including online, against any student or member of staff such as in relation to gender, pregnancy, breastfeeding, adoption, marital status, age, family status, belief, race, disability or sexuality.
- To constantly work on improving our focus and accountability in relation to diversity, equity and inclusion; to have personal responsibility and commitment to learning and growth in these areas; to provide regular training and professional development opportunities across all levels of the organisation; to be transparent about our efforts and our progress in reaching our goals; and to highlight and challenge our unconscious biases and be open to ideas for change and improvement.