Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
1 December Winter Fair PTA event
5-8 December Y6 Camp
11 December Holiday after Local Election
15 December Last Day of Term (school ends at 12:00)
8 January First Day of Term 2
Dear KJS families,
I hope this newsletter finds you well and that you are enjoying the recent Autumn weather.
I would like to firstly, thank you all for attending the Three-way Conferences that took place over the past few days. I am sure you found it an incredibly informative and a useful way of understanding the amazing learning your children have been involved in. Seeing how proud the children are of sharing their work and progress is a real positive aspect of these meetings.
A huge thankyou to all the parent volunteers who came on Year Two’s first off site school trip this week. The opportunity to take a walk around the local area and relate it to their learning was really valuable. It’s a real positive that we are now able to invite our parent community to be more involved in these activities, after being unable to do so for the last few years. Thank you also to the Year Two staff team for planning and coordinating the walk, ensuring it was both informative and safe.
Next Thursday 23rd November, we have the ESF media team visiting the school to capture some new images for the relaunch of our website. They are hoping to show a typical day here at school for the students, as well as capture how amazing our facilities are at KJS. I look forward to being able to share these with you at a later date.
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend
Mr Gavin MacGregor
KJS and Crossroads Foundation
We are pleased to share we made our first crossroads donation last week. As a community we donated over 150 pairs of sports shoes and over 100 sportswear items. What a fantastic effort. This is an ongoing initiative so please keep your old sports shoes coming. Sports shoes are the most sought after items.
To streamline the ongoing collection and make it easier to process items for collection please help by adhering to the following;
- ONLY sports shoes please. NO school shoes.
- Attach sports shoes together by the laces/velcro straps or tie together through the back heel loops
- Please don’t use plastic bags. Place only the sports shoes in the collection box.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Thank you for sharing your child’s achievements with us over the past year.
While individual achievements are undoubtedly significant and provide a source of pride for both the student and their family, sharing every student’s accomplishments on our social media channels is no longer feasible. Our intention is to create an inclusive environment where all students, regardless of their individual accomplishments, feel valued and celebrated.
That being said, we encourage you to share your child’s achievements with their teacher and peers, as well as within your personal social media networks. This way, your child’s accomplishments can be recognized and celebrated by those who know them best.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we continue to navigate the post-pandemic educational landscape. Our school community’s strength lies in our collective efforts to celebrate the diverse talents, achievements, and experiences of all our students.
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.