Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Tuesday 23 June Y6 Leavers Assembly under review
Wednesday 24 June Final Assembly at 2pm under review
17 & 18 June Transition Day for Y1-Y5
Wednesday 24 June Last day of the year – Full day class Y6 Farewell
Thursday 25 June Summer holiday begins!
10 – 12 August Staff training – No school
Thursday 13 August First day of 2020/2021 school year
Thank you for your support as we transitioned back to school. It has been wonderful seeing the children laughing with their friends, learning, playing, and just being together (although separated by a metre). We have been so impressed with their return to school attitude and their principled approach to the 3M’s to Success. This week, our focus for the Virtual Celebration Assembly is the Learner Profile attribute of ‘Reflective’. This is very appropriate for our students as they return to school but also for you as we have a special invitation for you!
You are invited to provide a reflective comment on your child’s end of year report to complement the comment from the teacher and your child’s own reflection. Next week, we will send you a link so that you can comment on your child’s development as a learner through this time of distance learning in 2020. You will be able to write up to 150 words about your child. Some suggested starting points are:
- The thing we are most proud about _________ during 2019/20 is….;
- During distance learning _____________ was able to….. (Approaches to learning skills in the PYP: managing self, time management, mindfulness, perseverance, resilience);
- _______________ has impressed us by….; and
- During distance learning ___________ showed us he/she could…
While you wait for the link, please start to draft up your reflection on your child’s progress during this incredibly challenging period in his/her life. We know that we are proud of your child but we would like to give you the opportunity to share in this very important end of year report.
In the next few days, we will be communicating details about the Year 6 Leavers celebration events and you can also look forward to seeing this week’s Virtual Learning Celebration on Friday.
Student photos will be distributed this week on Thursday 4 June to our Y1, 3, and 5, and on Friday 5 June to our Y2, 4, and 6.
Sale of 2019/2020 Yearbook
We are very excited to announce the production of this year’s yearbook is underway. We have added some new features in the 2019-2020 Yearbook, including Year 6 student reflection and farewell, Zoom views and many more. The details of the yearbook are:
- Cost HK$100 each
- Every Y6 student will receive a complimentary copy.
- Every family can only order one copy per child for the time being – on a first come, first served basis while stock lasts.
- To place an order, please complete the form here and pay by credit card through PayPal.
- Due to the current Coronavirus situation, we will NOT accept any other forms of payment until further notice.
- Distribution is scheduled in June 2020 and parents will be notified accordingly.
- Delivery by mail or courier will NOT be an option.
For any questions, please contact KJS Finance Team at email@example.com.
ESF and Other Notices
ESF launches Triple Assistance Package
ESF has announced the launching of ‘Triple Assistance Package’ for parents in need. As the name suggests, there are three elements:
- All ESF families who currently pay fees will be able to quickly and easily opt in to receive a 45% discount – per student – on their fees in June.
- The extension of the current ESF Financial Assistance Scheme to include the families of Year 1 and Year 7 students – as well as families of students in ESF Kindergartens and of students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
- The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving you the option to defer up to 50% of your April, May and June 2020 fees – with the option to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
You can get more detailed information about all of these schemes in the ‘Triple Assistance Package’ online at this webpage: www.esf.edu.hk/tripleassistance.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters by email, you may contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Our newsletters will still be accessible on our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/kjs-news/.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.