Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
17 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
20 – 31 December Term Break
03 January First day of Term 2
Dear KJS Families,
Our year six students are very excited about their day-camp starting tomorrow. With the weather now consistently cooler, there is no better time to experience outdoor education in Hong Kong. Our students will have the opportunity to challenge themselves, learn new things and skills, and have a lot of fun in a variety of outdoor settings over the next three days. I look forward to spending the day with them on Thursday, as well as hearing their stories of excitement and adventure.
Outdoor education or education outside of the classroom (EOTC) provides a range of learning contexts never before or not often experienced by many of our students. The chance to grow and connect with others in energising ways that put students in the stretch zone of learning is literally an unforgettable event. EOTC also highlights and amplifies students’ strengths as they learn more about themselves, often building confidence in the process.
EOTC also provides our students with an opportunity to connect with nature in an authentic and appreciative way. EOTC in natural settings can help to bring us into the moment, much like mindfulness meditation. This can improve our students’ sense of wellbeing and potentially provide them with a sustainable way of effectively managing stress as experiences may become lifelong pursuits. ‘Action is the antidote to anxiety’ is a great quote that reminds us that moving towards anything meaningful invariably makes us feel better. EOTC amplifies this as the ‘action’ is so very often physica and collaborative.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join us. If you or your family/friends are interested, please email the job applications to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For details of the roles, please refer to our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/work-with-us/.
- Supply Educational Assistants for Year Groups, Chinese and Learning Enhancement Teams – to cover ad hoc absences
- Cleaners – permanent position
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.