Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
17 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
20 – 31 December Term Break
03 January First day of Term 2
Dear KJS Families,
The Year Six Camp was a great success, and I must give a huge shout out to the Year Six Team and other staff members who attended for supporting our students with such enthusiasm and care. I was fortunate enough to spend a day on camp last Thursday, and I was highly encouraged by the experience all round. The APA instructors were engaging and empathetic, our students showed a willingness to try new things and were resilient in the face of challenge, and our staff members supported effectively because of their strong relationships with our students. I am equally as excited by the prospect of spending the day with Year Five students on camp this Wednesday.
We are fortunate to have an African cultural and drumming experience in-school for our Year Five students at the moment. This wonderful learning opportunity is rich with cultural elements, not to mention great fun. On the horizon, our Expressive Arts department is arranging a superb Chinese Ensemble experience in-school for our Year Four students in January.
As you are probably aware, the vast majority of our students travel to and from school on buses. Currently, we have almost 700 hundred students in this category. To assist with movement off campus and onto buses each day, I would like to respectfully ask those that collect our ‘walkers’ after school to ensure that the area outside of our school gate is kept clear. I thoroughly appreciate and support the fact that our walkers need to be safely and efficiently collected each day so standing back a little to ensure the area outside of the gate allows for unhindered passage to buses should work well for all of our students and adults. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
Finally, we fully understand that kids in general, particularly primary-age students, like to run. It is natural for them to do so, however, sometimes the environment is not safe for them or others around them. I would like to ask you all to support our commitment to keeping our children safe by reinforcing the message that walking on campus during our walker and bus dismissal processes is expected. We will, of course, continue to find ways to share this message and positively support the expected behaviours in-school.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join us. If you or your family/friends are interested, please email the job applications to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For details of the roles, please refer to our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/work-with-us/.
- Supply Educational Assistants for Year Groups, Chinese and Learning Enhancement Teams – to cover ad hoc absences
- Cleaners – permanent position
Dear Parents & Students,
During the month of December, our KJS school community is excited to be supporting Catherine’s Puppies, a local dog rescue charity. The dog toy drive starts tomorrow and our dress casual day will take place on Friday, 10th December. Please take a moment to watch this video created by some of our Student Council members to find out how your child can get involved and take action.
Thank you for your support.
The KJS Student Council
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.