Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
31 March Last Day of Term (school ends at 12 noon)
03- 14 April Term Break
Acting Principal’s Message
Dear KJS Families,
Though the weather has been a little grey and rainy this week, it hasn’t affected the positive energy at KJS because of the superb Kowloon in Bloom event. Kowloon in Bloom is a celebration of nature, environmental sustainability, creativity, and incredible colour. Students and staff have been hard at work creating superb natural displays that reflect hands-on learning and the culture of caring at KJS. I would like to thank Ms. Gillian Hadley for her leadership and all of you who have contributed to this great initiative.
Next, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have taken the time to act as a chaperone during one or more of our ever growing number of field trips. I can’t help but notice the tremendous response to every request for chaperones that has been sent, and your support has brought much-needed connection and community energy back to KJS.
Y4 students enjoyed a challenging and enjoyable two days in nature last Thursday and Friday. The conditions ended up being perfect with next to no rain, warm temperatures, and light cloud cover. Our students experienced a range of outdoor activities off and on the water, and they returned each day feeling like they had grown a little more because of the challenges.
Finally, I would like to wish you all a safe and fun-filled Easter break. Whether you are travelling or staying in Hong Kong, I hope that you enjoy some time with loved ones doing things that bring you energy and fulfilment.
Dr. Jamie Schmitz
Kowloon Junior School
ESF-wide Art Exhibition
ESF is going to hold a student art exhibition in June. Shortlisted art pieces of each school will be displayed in the art exhibition.
Interested students should submit their art piece to class teachers on or before 9 May.
Theme: Reimagining – New Beginnings
ESF-wide Art Exhibition 2023
Art Exhibition Period: 8 – 11 June 2023 (Opening on 7 June, 5pm)
Time: 9am – 8pm (8 – 10 June), 9am – 6pm (11 June)
Venue: Exhibition Gallery, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Points to note for submission-
1) We accept drawing, painting, collage, sculpture, pixel art, digital art or photography that is relevant to the art exhibition theme.
2) The art piece image or video and any information of the art piece, including student name, school year and school name, will be shown publicly.
3) The art piece must be the student’s original work without infringing any intellectual property rights
4) Parents are agreed with the use of the personal data for this art exhibition, such use to be in accordance with ESF’s Personal Data Handling Policy and its related Personal Information Collection Statements (“PICS”). A copy of the PICS can be found on the ESF website (https://www.esf.edu.hk/privacy/)
5) All images or videos and other information of art pieces collected may be disclosed to third parties, including external service providers or website developers, for this art exhibition.
ESF Centre reserves the right to remove any sensitive content or art pieces that might potentially violate the law. When submitting art pieces, please be considerate of others and be sensitive to the content depicted.
News from the PTA
Hello KJS Community,
This is the last week before the end of Term 2, time is flying by!
We look forward to exciting events, new initiatives and meeting more parents on site when we return from the break in Term 3.
The PTA will continue to work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and staff to tie in with school events to support and enhance them wherever possible.
If any parents have ideas on what they would like to see happening here at KJS, please contact us via email on email@example.com. We would love to hear from you and work together towards new projects.
We take this opportunity to wish you all a restful break and a very Happy Easter.
The KJS PTA Team.
ESF Sports & Language – Taster Day @ KJS on 1st April
Not sure which programme is the right fit for your children? All you need is a taste of what we offer! Join our Taster Day on April 1st so that you can experience our classes and workshops before committing to them for the rest of the term.
Lower Primary Writing (6-8 yrs)
Learn new tools and techniques to write creatively in just 2 hours!
Mandarin Movers & Makers (8-11Yrs)
This is a great chance for beginners to practise and develop their Mandarin while having lots of hands-on fun with traditional arts and games.
Magic workshop (8+ yrs)
Make your children disappear for 90 minutes! This magic workshop will give students a great introduction to magic and the skills required to simple magic tricks.
Extra Curricular Activities with KJS Registered Tutors
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.