Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
10 December Dress Casual Day to Catherine’s Puppies charity
17 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
17 December Christmas Assembly
20 – 31 December Term Break
03 January First day of Term 2
Dear KJS Families,
Aided by near-perfect weather conditions, our year five students had a memorable camp in Tai Tam last week. The idyllic setting combined with an engaging and challenging set of experiences over the three days facilitated true stretch-zone learning. I was fortunate enough to spend a day hiking with our year five students last Wednesday, and I was highly encouraged to witness our students’ positivity, willingness to support one another, and resilience. We look forward to planning and confirming the year four camp experience in semester two.
We are excited to share that we will be holding three Christmas assemblies (two year levels/assembly) for our students on December 17th. In-person assemblies have, of course, been few and far between because of the worldwide pandemic, so this opportunity will create a sense of connectedness and fun. We will have stories, movement, music, and a sing along, and we feel confident that our students will come away feeling energised and positive.
A little further towards the horizon, we are planning some great experiences for our students to celebrate Chinese New Year. I won’t say too much more at this stage except that it’s definitely another step in the direction of strengthening our culture and beginning to make a big school feel small again.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
Chinese Language Festival
Click here to view in full size
Click here to view in full size
We are delighted to once again offer our students the opportunity to join the KJS Green Dragon’s Gardening Club in Term 2. Please see the table below for information on days and times, year levels and also sign up arrangements.
We are very excited to get the students involved in helping our school become a greener and more sustainable place for our community. Please note that the sessions will be very hands-on and you may wish to send an old large shirt to wear over their school clothes to protect their uniform. We also welcome any resources you may have at home – pots, seeds, tools, garden ornaments are always useful.
Lastly, please do encourage your child to get involved with the garden club. They will learn useful life-long skills in a fun and safe way and may even bring home some organically grown vegetables for you to enjoy!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with me via the KJS office email.
Dress Casual Day
Dear Parents & Students,
Just a reminder that on Friday, 10th December, our KJS community is invited to participate in a dress casual day to support Catherine’s Puppies dog shelter. If your child would like to take part they can dress in an animal costume or wear animal themed clothing. We would appreciate a minimum donation of $20 which will go directly to the Catherine’s Puppies charity. We look forward to a fun-filled day!
Thanks for your support.
The KJS Student Council
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join us. If you or your family/friends are interested, please email the job applications to our HR team at email@example.com. For details of the roles, please refer to our website https://www.kjs.edu.hk/work-with-us/.
- Supply Educational Assistants for Year Groups, Chinese and Learning Enhancement Teams – to cover ad hoc absences
- Cleaners – permanent position
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.