Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
08 – 11 November School Photo
11 – 12 November 3 Way conferences
17 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
20 – 31 December Term Break
03 January First day of Term 2
Dear KJS Families,
The uplifting energy that Diwali brings is alive and well at KJS! Amidst the enthusiastic student and staff conversations about Diwali, we have experienced a superb visit from author Bhakti Mathur and a joyous Diwali dress-up day. Celebrations serve as a social glue for communities, and this is certainly the case at KJS.
Smile for the camera! Yes, it’s photo time again at KJS. While not quite at the level of a celebration, our photo days – 8 – 11/11 – are important to our students, families, and staff as they capture important moments in time that can be cherished for many years to come. The opportunities to purchase a range of packages will be shared with you, including the option to order online. Please see the schedule in this newsletter.
We are very excited about our upcoming Three-Way Conferences on 11/11 (3 – 6 p.m.) and 12/11 (all day – no school for students) because they provide a forum to share and celebrate learning, strengths, and opportunities for growth. While we appreciate that Zoom is not the ideal ‘venue’, it is functional and, hopefully, something we can move beyond in the not too distant future.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
Become a Parent Volunteer at KJS
After reviewing the prevailing conditions across Hong Kong related to COVID management and ESF/EDB guidance, we are keen to resume field trips and parent involvement in school. Such re-introduction will be made at a gradual pace and under close monitoring to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
An eNotice “KJS Parent Volunteer 2021-2022” was issued via Gateway yesterday. For interested parents who have already been fully vaccinated (2 doses plus post 14-day period), please sign up on or before Sunday 7 November 2021. A copy can be found here on Gateway – https://kjs1.tg.esf.edu.hk/src/module/notice/notice.php. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearly Fee Collection
To streamline fees and provide a sustainable solution to technology demands, we will continue collecting a lump sum from each child. Invoices have been issued and parents can view / settle them via the online payment system.
- For details of the yearly fee, please refer to the newsletter that was issued via ESF App on 27 October 2021.
- Payment must be made by PPS, PayPal, credit cards or eWallet balances.
- To know more about the online payment system, please visit https://www.kjs.edu.hk/payment/.
- Deadline: Sunday 14 November 2021
- For any questions, please email email@example.com.
2021-2022 School photo schedule (from 8 to 11 November 2021)
Please note that there will be no whole school and class photos this year.
All children should wear school uniform (not PE Kit) on the day of their photograph. It is important to remember that if they have PE or Games on the same day they will have to change at school.
If your child has missed their assigned session, please ask him/her to check with the class teacher so that we can find a time for their individual photograph to be taken.
Please refer to the schedule below for the school photos arrangement this year:
Thank you for your attention.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.