Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
08 – 11 November School Photo
11 – 12 November 3 Way conferences
17 December Last day of term – Half day (finish at 12pm)
20 – 31 December Term Break
03 January First day of Term 2
Dear KJS Families,
It has been an incredible week of colour, energy, and celebrations (and learning, too) at KJS. It certainly is a humbling experience to be a leader in a community where everyone feels and expresses so much school and cultural pride.
Our visiting author, Bhakti Mathur, was very engaging when she visited KJS twice last week. Her infectious energy and rich understanding of Diwali captured our students’ imaginations. Ms. Mathur also shared her expertise with our families over Zoom yesterday evening. Thank you, again, to our PTA for sponsoring these events and to Macy Lau for her time and effort in putting it all together.
We’re very excited to share the KJS Times Diwali Edition. You can view it here. Ms. Bailey and Ms. Mulchandani have guided and supported our student team in creating this wonderful celebratory edition of the KJS Times in a short space of time, and we are all very excited to see and hear more from our intrepid student inquirers throughout the school year.
Finally, I would like to mention our upcoming Three-Way Conferences this Thursday (3-6 p.m.) and Friday (all day, no school for students). We are very much looking forward to supporting our students in sharing their learning and growth using a strengths-based approach. Hopefully, we can return to in-person conferences at some point in 2022.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
Yearly Fee Collection
To streamline fees and provide a sustainable solution to technology demands, we will continue collecting a lump sum from each child. Invoices have been issued and parents can view / settle them via the online payment system.
- For details of the yearly fee, please refer to the newsletter that was issued via ESF App on 27 October 2021.
- Payment must be made by PPS, PayPal, credit cards or eWallet balances.
- To know more about the online payment system, please visit https://www.kjs.edu.hk/payment/.
- Deadline: Sunday 14 November 2021
- For any questions, please email email@example.com
Assessing Wellbeing in Education (AWE)
As we continue our focus on contextual wellbeing at KJS we want to make you aware of one of the modes of gathering data that we are using in order to measure wellbeing at school and plan next steps.
Next week children in Year 4, 5 and 6 fill in an online questionnaire assessing their wellbeing. The Assessing Wellbeing in Education (AWE) assessment will help schools to measure and track the wellbeing of their school community through Positive Education based online wellbeing assessments. This is our fourth year using the AWE survey and I’m sure you’ll agree this information is more vital than ever.
The AWE assessment consists of a collection of validated psychometric scales and scientifically informed questions from the psychology literature that assess various aspects of wellbeing. The AWE assessment covers all major theories of wellbeing, rather than one particular theory or perspective. Filling in the 14 questions should take no more than 10 minutes.
The school will receive data about each student’s wellbeing and also anonymised data related to classes, year groups and the whole school. This will help the school plan to help both individuals and inform whole school plans.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to ensure Success for Every Child.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.