Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
Wednesday 19 May Buddha’s Birthday – No school
Friday 28 May Whole School Transition Day
Monday 14 June Dragon Boat Festival – No school
Wednesday 30 June Last day of school – Half day (finish at 12pm)
Thursday 1 July Summer holiday begins!
A very warm welcome to the final term of 2020/21 at KJS. It is wonderful to continue to have the children in school daily. Thank you for your feedback regarding the return to school plans, the messages staff get and the emails sent to me help us to gauge progress and the effectiveness of our plans and processes.
Some of you have been asking when we might return to full days, like you we eagerly anticipate the resumption of a ‘normal’ school day. We continue to be guided by the EDB and CHP and you can be assured as soon as we hear that there is an opportunity for full days for Primary Schools, we will be acting and communicating with you. In the meantime please take five minutes to give us some feedback regarding how the current provision is working for your child and family. Please click here to access the survey. Your feedback here will help us to continue to enhance the provision and ensure success for every child.
Attached to this newsletter here is an update from ESF, CEO Mrs Belinda Greer regarding the principal appointment process. I know that with the skill of the whole team here at KJS, and especially our senior leadership, that your child is in good hands for the year ahead. With the support of ESF, you can be assured of the continued success for your child. The team ESF will keep you informed of developments as they occur over the next term.
Finally, there are a few things that you can do to assist us and your child at this time:
- Reach out to your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns about their learning or wellbeing. Success is dependent on 1:1 communication between home and school;
- Ensure your child has a healthy snack each day to sustain them until they return home; and
- Ensure your child is back into daily school routines, including wearing the correct uniform (especially footwear). This helps to re-establish ‘normal’ school and learning habits.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
An order form with a sample student photo was distributed to each child today. To increase efficiency, you are encouraged to order photos online.
Please visit www.techni-photo.com and select ‘Order’ then input:
Unique Code: Shown on the order form
Last Name: Shown on the order form
Email Address: Any valid email address for communicating with the company
You may also complete and return the order form with a crossed cheque (payable: “Techni Photo”) to the school office before the deadline on Friday 30 April (please ignore the deadline on the order form). For any order inquiries, please contact the photographer at ‘Techni Photo’ directly by telephone on 2803-5988 or by email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has not taken an individual student photo and would like to do so, please contact the photographer directly and make a booking to take the student photo at their studio.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at email@example.com.