Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
04 October Public Holiday
17 – 21 October Mid Term Break
01 – 04 November School Photo
10 – 11 November 3-Way Conferences
16 December Last Day of Term (Half day)
19 Dec – 06 Jan Term Break
09 January First Day of Term 2 (school ends at 12 noon)
Acting Principal’s Message
Dear KJS Families,
First, I would like to thank you for your engagement through our You Tell Us Conferences. While simple in design, they provide us with useful information to build strong relationships with you and your children. Strong relationships are essential because as well as fulfilling our responsibility of providing a rich range of learning experiences for your children, we are committed to co-designing and co-constructing learning experiences with them. This can only be achieved when we understand each other well.
One of our current school improvement goals is to get better at feedback. Specifically, to get better at giving students feedback and supporting them in understanding, seeking, giving, and using feedback to answer the questions: How am I doing? and Where to Next? All teams across the school worked together in August to: make sense of student interview and survey data and create action plans in response to what they found out. We will be working intensely in partnership with our students on improving feedback practices over the next few months so please check-in with your child on their feedback experiences at KJS and let us know what you find out.
From 21/9 you will notice a new feature on the ESF App called Parent Partnership. Please see the following information regarding its purpose and when and how to use it. A Parent User Guide will also be sent to you directly.
- The purpose of the Parent Partnership feature is to strengthen engagement between schools and families by providing an additional communication layer. This layer does not replace what we already have in place, so please follow the guidelines in the points below.
- Communicating directly with teachers via email, phone, or an in-person meeting is still the first course of action when you have questions or concerns.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the first engagement then you may either contact the Team Leader (in the case of learning and teaching matters), contact a member of the Senior Management Team, or report via the Parent Partnership feature. We will respond in a timely manner irrespective of the method you use.
- If you have a compliment then please feel free to share it directly or by using the Parent Partnership feature.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
Kowloon Junior School
Update: KJS Junior Duke Programme 2022-2023
(Enrolment Deadline: 22nd September)
We have had an overwhelming response to our launch of the Junior Duke programme. Thank you to those that have signed up and made payment already. Please note that the sign up will close on THURSDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER and payments should also be made by this date. This is so we can arrange the correct number of booklets from the organisers.
I am excited to share this journey with your families and I will be in touch again soon to explain how and when your child will be ready to bring their booklets home and get started on their chosen challenges.
74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival (2022)
(Enrolment Deadline: 25th September)
Online entry forms for the 74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival (2022) are now available. Parents who wish their children to participate in the Speech Festival must submit their application forms online on the HKSMSA website and pay the enrolment fee via ESF app by Sunday, 25th September. For details, please refer to the eNotice called “74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival (2022)” on Gateway.
Dear KJS Families,
Our names are Aashvi, Tanvika, Eunis and Nichole. We are year 6 students and we would like to introduce you to our business, called ArtMAZING. We make and sell creative products such as hair accessories, hand accessories and earrings.
Take a look at our website for more information about our products and their prices: ArtMAZING
We only allow year 4 and above to buy products and please know that you are not allowed to return your products. If there is any problem with the product you purchase please just get in touch with us.
The reason we have started this business is because we want to help the Earth’s biodiversity and make our ecosystem a better place. We are going to donate all the money to WWF (WORLD WIDE FUND).
Before making a purchase you must ask your parents for permission to buy products and please tell your parents that you are giving real money to us. When you decide on a product you like, simply email Aashvi email@example.com and place your order. Aashvi will let you know when and how to collect your order once it is ready.
The ArtMAZING team!
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.