Kowloon Junior School’s latest newsletter is available to read now.
Dates for Your Diary
02 June Year 6 PYP Exhibition
03 June Dragon Boat Festival – No school
10 June Year 4 Camp (Day 1)
17 June Year 4 Camp (Day 2)
23 June Year 6 Leaver Assembly
Dear KJS Families,
We are very excited for the upcoming ESF-wide Transition Day this Friday. All of our students will experience an extended ‘step-up’ period from 8:30 until lunchtime. This will allow us to spend more time sharing information about the next year level, as well as working with students to create an initial class profile. This class profile will give our students the opportunity to share information directly with their new teacher about themselves – their strengths, their interests, and their challenges, just to name a few. This initial class profile will then form the foundation for a year-long process of reflection and development, as well as providing the teacher with practical information to support learning and teaching. We are also fortunate enough to be able to host our incoming Y1 students and families in-person, and we have been supporting this opportunity by holding Zoom meetings with families that will come to KJS from ESF kindergartens. We understand the importance of building and maintaining strong learning relationships, and we are confident that the above mentioned will set our students up for success when they begin their new learning journeys in August.
I met with the PTA Committee yesterday afternoon, and one of the agenda items was focused on the PTA Family Survey results. First, I would like to thank those of you who shared feedback through the survey. The information will prove to be very helpful, particularly with regard to what you would like to see from the PTA in terms of building community and supporting the school during the 2022/23 school year. It was evident that our community shares our enthusiasm for more engagement through opportunities such as the return of a School Fair. We will continue to consider the feedback as we begin to plan for what will hopefully be a much more, dare I say it, predictable and predominantly in-person school year.
Dr Jamie Schmitz
Refund of KJS Yearly Fee Balance (Year 6 Students only)
Near the end of this school year, we will refund the balance of Year 6 students’ yearly fee before they leave KJS. This applies to the students who have paid the fee for camps, activities and classroom stationery in 2021-2022. After deducting all the expenses, the balance is now stored in each student’s eWallet under the Payment System.
In order to receive a refund, parents will be required to submit online requests through the Payment System on or before Monday 30 May 2022 and we will process them in June 2022
- In addition to a refund request, parents can also choose to transfer the balance to another child in the same family providing that he/she will still be attending KJS in August 2022.
- Parents can also choose to donate the balance to the school for the purchase of teaching and learning supplies.
- For those who fail to submit a request, we will not be able to arrange any refund. The balance will be donated to the school automatically in August 2022.
- Refund will be made by crossed cheques in HK dollars and will be distributed in June 2022. Parents will be notified in due course.
To know more about how to access the Payment System, please refer to this website www.kjs.edu.hk/payment. To submit an online refund request, please refer to the section “eWallet, Refund & Account Closure” on the same website. Should you still have further questions, please contact our Finance Team at email@example.com.
The celebration of student success will channel to our Facebook page. You can find the school’s Facebook here. Please keep the photos and stories coming of our children shooting the AAROW’s of Success!
- Kowloon Junior School, English Schools Foundation and its affiliates shall take no responsibility for any activities, events, and services, that are organised by other organisations or individuals and are mentioned in our newsletters.
- Our newsletters may contain direct marketing materials that are related to students’ daily school activities and the KJS community. Parents who choose not to receive such materials should use their own discretion.
- In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, Kowloon Junior School and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.